Follow me all over!

Feel free to....
Shoot me an email!: schlepperchic@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: SchlepperChic

Friday, May 13, 2011

My thoughts in water color..... TAKE 2!

For some reason, as soon as Blogger started acting up yesterday, I had the foresight to take screen shots of what I'd written, so I could share it with you today. I have ONE MORE final paper due today, so outfit pics from yesterday and today will have to come later. Here is yesterday's post:

I'm feeling really, really happy today, so I hope these colorful paintings add brightness to your day. Also, you get to learn more about me: not only do I study the History of Art, but I take a stab at the practice of it every once in a while. Don't be too critical; water color is an extremely unforgiving medium with which to work. Enjoy!

- April showers bring May flowers -
- There was a torrential downpour last night, but it's beautiful outside today -
- I made this for my mom for Mother's Day in 2007. I am 22 years old, and her favorite gifts I give her are still the ones I make her.... I love that! -
- the Man and I just picked up our caps 'n gowns together... so weird, but so exciting and empowering! -
- I am graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (my name. how suiting?) in 3 days. Having gone to a really small, private, all girls school, I'd never seen what real school spirit was. "Dance by the light of the moon" is a line from my favorite fight song at UW. This painting actually serves as a sketch for a ceramic (terra cotta) slab box I made last summer. Being creative is the best outlet... take a stab at it. You'll be surprised how much you enjoy it if you really let loose. Painting is my primary form of meditation. -
- Cupcakes are not only yummy, but pretty too. -
- I am sitting in the library "working," and all I want to do is eat this sketch. -
- I fostered a puppy from the Humane society while attending Emory University in Atlanta, GA (I transferred there for a bit...). Her name was Cupcake, and no, I didn't name her. I miss her every day, but I know she found a good home (yes, I actually know this for a fact, I'm not just being a blind optimist), which reassures me I did the right thing by giving her up after I nursed her back to health. I'm happy she's happy... and that another family gets to enjoy all the effort I put into training her wild puppy butt ;) -
- I'm going to be a little bit naughty tonight, and that's A-O-K! ;) -
- A young lady with beautiful read hair asked me to design a tattoo for her. She wanted a "badass fairy," and this is what I came up with it. Even though it's not something I'd necessary want on my body permanently, I'm happy to know that my creativity makes others happy! -
- I'll leave you with this: I hope this little sketch inspires you to do something "badass" today. Break free from the shell that's blocking your creativity and express yourself in an artistic way that makes you feel AWESOME! - 

N.B. Painting is especially good if you have any issues with your heart. I highly recommend starting to learn (you can easily teach yourself; I've learned more from trial and error than I have in any of my art classes), and even grinding your own pigments/making your own paint from the very beginning. Go to an art store (or if you're near a university, go to the school store) and ask the person who's helping you to pick out a kit to make your own Sumi-e paint, and make sure you also purchase the right brushes and paper. [MAJOR TIP: The key to all painting? Quality brushes.] Sumi-e painting is an Asian style of painting, and a great place to begin!

<3 Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment